The Nigeria women association of Georgia (NWAG) plans to award 37 one-time scholarships–one for each state including the federal capital territory–in an equivalent amount of $200.00 each (which is 50,000 naira) to female undergraduates in Nigeria.
Participant must be a female Nigerian student studying in any tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Proof of state of origin–letter of origination from the University or a letter from your local government office.
- Two letter of recommendation from any two of the following: Church pastor/ mosque Imam, Village head, local government chairperson or one of your lecturers.
- One letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your faculty or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current University student identification card.
- One current photograph of yourself.
- An explanation of why you need and should be given the scholarship (not more than a one-half typed page).
- A two-page essay on the topic:
“Women are marginalised in leadership positions in Nigeria. Position yourself as a woman activist and propose how you can advocate for women rights in government positions. Challenge early/child marriage and gender discrimination.”
Note: Essay must be typewritten and double-spaced.
Deadline: May 31st
Click here to fill the application form.
Completed applications may be submitted to NWAG either by regular mail to:
P.O Box 14542
Atlanta, GA 30324, US.
OR, electronically via email at email@example.com
Subject line of email
Your name and state of origin.
Note: Submissions should be in pdf or word format.